Brownies made with Royal Kona Coffee Beans
They say pure Royal Kona coffee beans are only good to drink. They ought to try cooking with Royal Kona coffee. Mountain grown Kona coffee is regarded as the world’s best due to its lack of bitterness and its natural smoothness and sweet hint of chocolate flavor.
Royal Kona Coffee Brownies Ingredients:
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 2 cups sugar
- 15 tablespoons (2 sticks minus 1 tablespoon) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons fresh finely ground Royal Kona coffee beans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup semisweet milk chocolate chips (6 ounces)
- 6 tablespoons of freshly ground and brewed 100% kona coffee beans
Brownies – Royal Kona Coffee Beans Preparation:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9x2-inch metal pan with nonstick spray. Combine sugar, butter, cocoa, ground Royal coffee beans, and salt in large metal bowl. Place bowl over saucepan of simmering water and whisk until butter melts and ingredients are blended (texture will be grainy). Remove bowl from over water; cool mixture to lukewarm if necessary. Whisk in eggs and vanilla. Sift flour over and fold in. Mix in pecans.
- Spread batter in prepared pan. Bake brownies until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cool brownies in pan.
- Place chocolate chips in small bowl. Bring brewed Royal Kona coffee to simmer in small saucepan; pour over chips and stir until melted and smooth. Let ganache stand until cool and beginning to thicken, about 1 hour; spread evenly over brownies. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; let stand at room temperature.) Cut brownies into 15 squares.